Blackpool Magistrates’ Court evacuated and firefighters called after ‘smell of smoke’ was reported

The alarm was raised after smoke was reported at Blackpool Magistrates’ Court in Chapel Street at around 12.50pm on Wednesday August 24.

Crews found no signs of fire upon arrival but found “a small amount of smoke in the attic caused by a broken fan”.

The alarm was raised after the smell of smoke was reported to Blackpool Magistrates’ Court

A Department of Justice spokesperson added: ‘Emergency services responded…as a precaution following a power outage.

“There was no fire and the procedure resumed within half an hour.”

Firefighters used a thermal camera and responded for about 40 minutes.

Read more

Read more

Shocked fired staff at Lancashire cheese company Singletons & Co say…

Crews found ‘a small amount of smoke in the attic caused by a broken fan’ on arrival

There is no fire but I smell burning, what should I do?

If you smell something burning, especially if you don’t know what’s causing it, it’s essential to dial 999 immediately.

Just because you can see it doesn’t mean it won’t get out of control.

“Smoke alarms save lives,” said a Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson.

“You are more than twice as likely to die in a home fire if you don’t have a working smoke alarm.”

About Jerry Richter

Check Also

A Blackpool Combat Club main event is planned for the AEW Grand Slam

After two weeks of suspension-induced excitement, intrigue and drama, AEW has officially decided who will …